2018 Honda CB1000R
Specifications subject to change without notice. Honda's fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors. Suggested Retail Price (SRP) excludes destination charge. Visit powersports.honda.com to view applicable destination charge amount.
King of the Neo-Sports Café Scene.
There’s just something about a big inline-four streetbike without any bodywork. The engine and chassis on display for the whole world to see—no excuses given or needed. It’s all business, and you never get tired looking at it. Plus, it’s light, powerful, and responsive. And our all-new CB1000R is the best open-class naked streetfighter we’ve ever produced. It’s like a triple-shot of espresso for your motorcycling soul. You get a high-revving 998cc four-cylinder engine that’s specially tuned for midrange and top-end power. Cutting-edge Neo-Sports Café styling, an updated chassis, an improved electronics package, and a relaxed, more open riding position. The new 2018 Honda CB1000R. Sometimes, less really is more.
- Inline Four Engine: The CB1000R’s powerful 998cc DOHC four-cylinder engine uses an architecture and layout proven on Honda’s Superbikes. Forged (not cast) pistons make it as strong as it is powerful.
- Slipper/Assist Clutch: This innovative design hooks up tight to get all the CB1000R’s power to the ground, yet still offers a light pull at the clutch lever. Plus, the slipper design helps mitigate wheel hop during aggressive downshifts and deceleration.
- Better Breathing: Every athlete knows you gotta breathe to perform. Compared to earlier engine designs in this class, the 2018 CB1000R gets higher valve lift, larger valves, larger diameter inlet ports, and new combustion-chamber shapes to improve gas flow and offer improved torque in midrange.
- Special Gearing: We totally refit the 2018 CB1000R’s gearbox with new ratios compared to other bikes we’ve offered in the class. The new, lower gearing emphasizes the bike’s awesome acceleration. Crack the throttle and you’ll feel it instantly.
- Four-Into-One Exhaust: On a bike like this, the exhaust system can make a critical difference in power. And since it’s so visible, it also makes a critical contribution to the machine’s style. The CB1000R’s four-into-one system boosts torque at 5,000 RPM and above, saves 10 pounds, and provides the CB1000R with a deeper, more raw exhaust note for added character.
- Throttle-By-Wire: The new CB1000R uses our throttle by wire system. In addition, we’ve given it four riding modes (Standard, Sport, Rain and User). The last one lets you choose between three settings for each parameter, and save the settings.
- Honda Selectable Torque Control: A great system that combines the CB1000R’s old-school raw horsepower with a modern power delivery that keeps the bike hooked up and the power flowing under a wide variety of surface conditions.
- Huge Rear Tire: In order to get all that engine power to the road, the CB1000R comes with a 190/55 ZR17 rear tire.
- Single-Sided Swingarm: The CB1000R features a unique, single-sided swingarm. It’s part of the bike’s excellent handling character, but also contributes a great deal to the way this machine looks.
- Powerful Brakes: Dual radial-mount four-piston front calipers bite 310mm floating rotors while the twin-piston rear caliper squeezes a 256mm rear rotor. Plus, front and rear ABS is standard.
- Open Riding Position: We call it the rider triangle—where your butt hits the seat, where your feet rest on the pegs, and where your hands grip the bar. By opening up the triangle on the CB1000R, you sit up a little straighter, which gives you a higher vantage point. Plus, most riders will find it a little more comfortable, too.
- Tapered Handlebar: The wide, tapered-section handlebar sits up high for a more relaxed riding position, making this Neo-Sports Café machine ideal for around-town rides. The bar also transmits excellent feedback for precise steering.
- Lean, Light, Strong: At just 467 pounds, the CB1000R is in the welterweight champion class. For an open-class inline four, there’s not an ounce of fat here. That not only helps performance, but contributes to better handling too, and makes the bike more fun to ride just about everywhere.
- Steel Backbone Chassis: The CB1000R features a unique frame design. The main mono-backbone component is steel, and that joins up with split-tightening aluminum pivot plates. You get the basis for excellent handling along with lightweight design.
- Showa Front Suspension: Great handling and precise steering demand a premium front suspension. That’s why the CB1000R uses a Showa Separate Function Front Fork Big Piston unit (SFF-BP). It offers both reduced weight, superior rigidity, and excellent overall performance. Plus it offers adjustability for spring preload as well as rebound and compression damping.
- Standard ABS: Our front and rear Anti-Lock Braking System (standard on the CB1000R) can be a big help in making controlled stops in less-than-ideal conditions, like on wet pavement or other compromised surfaces.
- Flangeless Fuel Tank: Details matter. Case in point: the CB1000R’s fuel tank. We build it without a visible bottom flange. Sure, it takes a little more effort to manufacture, but you get a fuel tank with a clean, custom look that we think is worth it. Plus, the tank is slimmer for an even better fit and lighter feel thanks to its unique shape.
- Classic Round Headlight: The CB1000R’s round-styled LED headlight is powerful and bright, and sets the tone for the bike’s no-nonsense Neo-Sports Café streetfighter presence.
- Understated Style: Take a close, long look at the details on this bike. The CB1000R sends a subtle message that this is a premium machine. Check out the burnished-aluminum radiator shroud and airbox cover, along with the engine cases, cylinder head, and sprocket hub.
- All-LED Lighting Package: The CB1000R features LED lighting through and through. The lights are bright, more compact, lighter, and feature an incredibly long life. And check out the horseshoe-shaped light ring—it brings a modern flare to the bike’s traditional styling.
- Rear Splashguard: A first for Honda, and you’re seeing it here. The rear splashguard/fender mounts directly to the swingarm for a fresh, sharp styling touch.
- Solid Style: Check out all the steel and aluminum alloy detail on this bike. The metal components send a definite message: the CB1000R is all business.
- Engine Type: 998cc liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder
- Bore And Stroke: 75 mm x 56.5 mm
- Induction: PGM-FI Fuel injection with automatic enrichment circuit and 44 mm throttle bodies; throttle by wire
- Ignition: Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Compression Ratio: 11.6:1
- Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Close-ratio six-speed
- Final Drive: #525 O-ring-sealed chain
- Front Suspension: 43 mm Showa SFF-BP fork with spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability; 4.3 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Single Showa shock with spring preload and rebound damping adjustability; 5.2 in. travel
- Front Brake: Dual radial-mounted four-piston calipers with full-floating 310 mm discs; ABS
- Rear Brake: Single-caliper 256 mm disc; ABS
- Front Tire: 120/70-17
- Rear Tire: 190/55-17
- Rake (Caster Angle): 24.7 deg.
- Trail: 3.8 in.
- Wheelbase: 57.3 in.
- Seat Height: 32.7 in.
- Curb Weight: 467 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel—ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 4.3 gal.
- Miles Per Gallon: TBD MPG - Honda's fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors.
- Model ID: CB1000RA
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. Models sold in California meet current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Black
- Note: Specifications subject to change without notice.
- Engine Type
- Inline four-cylinder
- Bore and Stroke
- 75 mm x 56.5 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI Fuel injection with automatic enrichment circuit and 44 mm throttle bodies; throttle by wire
- Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Close-ratio six-speed
- Final Drive
- #525 O-ring-sealed chain
- Front Suspension
- 43 mm Showa SFF-BP fork with spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability; 4.3 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Single Showa shock with spring preload and rebound damping adjustability; 5.2 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Dual radial-mounted four-piston calipers with full-floating 310 mm discs; ABS
- Rear Brakes
- Single-caliper 256 mm disc; ABS
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 57.3 in.
- Seat Height
- 32.7 in.
- 24.7 deg.
- 3.8 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.3 gal.
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 467 lb.