2018 Honda CB650F
Stock Image: European ABS Model Shown
Specifications subject to change without notice.
Honda’s fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors.
Suggested Retail Price (SRP) excludes destination charge. Visit powersports.honda.com to view applicable destination charge amount.
The Purest Form Of Motorcycling.
What makes motorcycles special? Where do you even start! For one thing, what you see is what you get. With a bike, nothing’s hidden under a hood or behind doors. And that’s especially true of a “naked” bike, a machine where you can see the engine and the frame and just about everything else.
Bikes like these make sense—they’re light and elemental and pure. And they can also be a ton of fun. Especially a machine like the all-new 2018 Honda CB650F.
While you may not have seen this machine before, we’ve been refining it for several years over in Europe. Now it’s your turn, and like a European supermodel, the CB650F is honed, toned and gorgeous.
We started with the engine from our popular CBR650F. Offering an 11,000 rpm redline, we gave it shorter gear ratios to ensure some rigorous acceleration through the midrange. Revised intakes and a free-breathing exhaust mean more peak power too. In short, it’s a blast to ride. And check out those 4-into-1 exhaust pipes—a styling touch to one of the most iconic Hondas ever, the CB400F Supersport.
Genuine middleweight four-cylinder motorcycles are an important Honda tradition, and bigger isn’t always better. With the new CB650F you get more of what matters – performance, acceleration, style and handling ability – without adding weight or cost.
Power Up!: The 649cc engine uses a compact internal architecture, stacked six-speed gearbox and starter/clutch layout with the cylinders canted forward 30°. The DOHC 16-valve cylinder head employs direct cam actuation with a 11.4:1 compression ratio.
Good Bones: The CB650F’s steel diamond frame features twin 64mm x 30mm elliptical spars. They’re stiffer around the headstock and more flexible in the middle of the spars to deliver balanced handling characteristics with high levels of feedback.
New Showa Fork Technology: A brand-new 41mm Showa Dual Bending Valve (SDBV) fork improves ride comfort and handling. It delivers proportional rebound damping with firmer compression damping as the travel increases.
Information Central: The dash offers twin digital screens. On the left are the rev-counter and speedometer; on the right are a fuel gauge, clock, odometer and the warning lights. Both sides are lit by a white backlight.
- 649cc DOHC Engine: Engines like this are what Honda does best. The four-cylinder design makes it smoother and faster revving than most twins, and offers ample low to midrange torque, plus plenty of power through the entire rev range.
- Six-Speed Transmission: Smooth, nearly seamless shifts and more gear ratios to match the way you want to ride: those are two of the characteristics that make this Honda so much fun to ride.
- Twin-Spar Steel Frame: A steel frame is strong, but not too rigid for the needs of the everyday rider. With a 57.1-inch wheelbase, the CB650F is also quick and responsive—just what a machine in this class should be.
- 4.6-Gallon Fuel Tank: A bike as versatile as the CB650F needs plenty of range, and the 4.6-gallon fuel tank provides just that.
- LCD Multi-Meter: In addition to the speedometer and digital tachometer, the CB650F’s instrumentation also includes clock, trip meter and fuel gauge.
- 41mm Front Suspension: The CB650F’s front suspension showcases some leading-edge technology. The 41mm fork is equipped with Showa’s new Dual Bending Valve (SDBV) internals. They make the fork lighter, provide excellent suspension action, and give you cartridge-fork performance without the cartridge-fork price.
- Dual-Disc Front Brakes/Optional ABS: No scrimping here: Dual 320mm front discs offer excellent stopping power under a wide range of operations. In addition, Honda’s ABS system is available for more confident stopping in challenging conditions.
- Four-Into-One Exhaust: Power, style and an unmistakable growl—you get all three with the four-into-one exhaust system on the CB650F.
- Front Cowl: The CB650F may be a terrific value, but it still offers plenty of style. Check out its mini cowl. You get just enough wind protection too.
- Rear-Disc Brake: A 240mm hydraulic disc at the rear complements the twin front discs for plenty of stopping power.
- Engine Type: 649cc Liquid-Cooled Inline Four-Cylinder
- Bore And Stroke: 67 mm x 46 mm
- Induction: PGM-FI Programmed Automatic Enrichment Circuit, with 32 mm Throttle Bodies
- Ignition: Digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Compression Ratio: 11.4:1
- Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final Drive: #525 O-ring chain
- Front Suspension: 41 mm Fork; 4.3 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Single shock with spring-preload adjustability; 5.0 in. travel
- Front Brake: Two-piston calipers with dual 320 mm discs
- Rear Brake: Single-caliper 240 mm disc
- Front Tire: 120/70ZR-17 radial
- Rear Tire: 180/55ZR-17 radial
- Rake: 25.3 deg. (Caster Angle)
- Trail: 101.3 mm (3.98 in.)
- Wheelbase: 57.1 in.
- Seat Height: 31.9 in.
- Curb Weight: 454 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel—ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 4.6 gal.
- Miles Per Gallon: TBD*
- Model ID: CB650F
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. California version meets current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Red
- One Year: Transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Engine Type
- Inline Four-Cylinder
- Bore and Stroke
- 67 mm x 46 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI Programmed Automatic Enrichment Circuit, with 32 mm Throttle Bodies
- Digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Final Drive
- #525 O-ring chain
- Front Suspension
- 41 mm Fork; 4.3 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Single shock with spring-preload adjustability; 5.0 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Two-piston calipers with dual 320 mm discs
- Rear Brakes
- Single-caliper 240 mm disc
- Front Tire
- 120/70ZR-17 radial
- Rear Tire
- 180/55ZR-17 radial
- 57.1 in.
- Seat Height
- 31.9 in.
- 25.3 deg.
- 3.98 in. (101.3 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.6 gal.
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 454 lb.
- One Year transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.