2018 Honda VT750C SHADOW AERO
Honda’s fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors.
Suggested Retail Price (SRP) excludes destination charge. Visit powersports.honda.com to view applicable destination charge amount.
Looks Right. Rides Even Better.
There are lots of imaginative, high-tech ways to cook. But sometimes you want to go traditional—like a big, thick steak grilled over some hardwood coals. Same with your motorcycle. The latest and greatest is right for some, but there are plenty of riders who enjoy a traditional, relaxed experience when it comes to their bike. And that’s precisely why we build the Honda Shadow Aero.
Our Shadow cruisers are some of the most popular bikes on the road, and one look at the Shadow Aero will tell you why. Features like its spoked wheels, full fenders and long, chromed mufflers are all about taking it easy and looking good while you’re doing it. But the Aero rider also gets some thoroughly modern performance courtesy of this bike’s 745cc V-twin engine, specially tuned for low-revving torque. Maintenance-reducing features like shaft final drive make this motorcycle truly easy to own. Plus, the Aero is a huge bargain, giving you a big-bike ride without the big-bike price.
V-Twin Power: Cruiser riders know what they want, like a V-twin engine with plenty of low-revving torque. That’s exactly what the Shadow Aero delivers—in a package that’s sized right for most riders. An added extra: it also returns excellent fuel economy.
Looks Great, Sounds Great: Nothing rides like a V-twin, and nothing sounds like one either. The Aero features a custom two-into-two exhaust system, flowing into bullet-style mufflers. Go ahead—twist the throttle. The Shadow Aero is music to a rider’s ears.
Retro Looks, Modern Engineering: Cruisers should be about getting out and having fun, not about maintenance headaches. That’s why the Aero’s shaft final drive makes so much sense. Clean, virtually maintenance-free and efficient, it’s the smart choice.
- 2-Into-2 Exhaust System: Sleek pipes feature bullet-style mufflers for that classic cruiser style of yesteryear. Large-diameter head pipes and 2-into-2 system design combine to put out true, V-twin cruiser sound.
- Shaft Final Drive: Clean, efficient, proven, low-maintenance. Shaft final drive is the perfect choice for a machine like this, and for riders who pile on the miles. You never have to worry about lubrication or adjustment out on the road. And an added plus: it helps keep your bike cleaner, too.
- Three-Valve, Dual-Plug Combustion Chamber: It’s the best of both worlds: The three-valve combustion chambers used on many of our V-twin cruisers feature two intake valves and one exhaust, helping them breathe efficiently to boost both horsepower and torque.
- V-Twin Engine: Nothing pumps out the torque like a big V-twin. The Aero’s power makes it perfect for both around-town cruising, commutes and casual weekend-long rides.
- Low Seat Height: Skimming the pavement at just 25.9 inches, the Aero’s low seat height makes flat-footing it at stoplights or in parking lots a breeze. And the Aero’s narrow seat/tank junction makes it feel even lower.
- Front-Disc Brake: If there’s one place you DON’T want retro performance, it’s your brakes. That’s why we gave the Shadow Aero a 296mm front disc for distinctly modern stopping power. Additionally, our ABS model comes with Honda’s Anti-Lock Brake System.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI): Forget about fiddling with a choke—the Shadow's fuel injection system means no-hassle startups on cold mornings or at high altitudes, and optimal performance in any condition.
- Chrome Highlights: Chrome highlights include cylinder-head cover, air-cleaner cover, engine sidecovers, brake and clutch-lever brackets, rear brake pedal, shift lever, handlebar, rear shock covers and more.
- Spoked Wheels: Spoked wheels give the Aero a classic look.
- Comfortable Saddle: Broad, low-slung solo seat features a detachable passenger seat.
- Full Front Fender: Wide metal front fender gives the Aero a classic styling touch.
- Five-Speed Transmission: Wide-ratio five-speed transmission lets you cruise the boulevard at a low, unhurried pace, yet allows you to hop on the highway without revving the engine through the roof.
- Engine Type: 745cc liquid-cooled 52 degree V-twin
- Bore And Stroke: 79 mm x 76 mm
- Induction: PGM-FI with automatic enrichment circuit, 34 mm throttle body
- Ignition: Digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Compression Ratio: 9.6:1
- Valve Train: SOHC; three valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Wide-ratio five-speed
- Final Drive: Shaft
- Front Suspension: 41 mm fork; 4.6 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Dual shocks with five-position spring-preload adjustability; 3.5 in. travel
- Front Brake: Single 296 mm disc with twin-piston caliper
- Rear Brake: 180 mm drum
- Front Tire: 120/90-17
- Rear Tire: 160/80-15
- Rake: 34 deg. (Caster Angle)
- Trail: 161 mm (6.3 in.)
- Wheelbase: 64.5 in.
- Seat Height: 25.9 in.
- Curb Weight: 560 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel-ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 3.7 gal., including 0.9-gal. reserve
- Miles Per Gallon: 56 MPG - Honda's fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors.
- Model ID: VT750C
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. California version meets current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Pearl Stallion Brown
- One Year: Transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Engine Type
- 52 deg. V-twin
- Bore and Stroke
- 79 mm x 76 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI with automatic enrichment circuit, 34 mm throttle body
- Digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Wide-ratio five-speed
- Final Drive
- Front Suspension
- 41 mm fork; 4.6 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Dual shocks with five-position spring-preload adjustability; 3.5 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Single 296 mm disc with twin-piston caliper
- Rear Brakes
- 180 mm drum
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 64.5 in.
- Seat Height
- 25.9 in.
- 34 deg.
- 161 mm (6.3 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.7 gal., including 0.9-gal. reserve
- 56 mpg
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 560 lb.
- Pearl Stallion Brown
- One year transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.